We are looking for a Junior UX Designer to initially work alongside a Senior UX designer on customer projects. You have a great eye for design, but you thrive on problem solving, not just pushing pixels, so that you can help bring a successful product to life.
You understand that design is not art, and have the ability to design using already existing design frameworks ie Consult with clients’ teams to create cohesive designs that reflect clients corporate design or use native design patterns such as Material design and iOS.
We’re looking for a driven designer with vision: Someone who is not afraid to challenge requirements and features in the best interest of the user. Someone who can see what needs to be done, can roll up her/his sleeves and bring it to life,
You will work simultaneously on multiple projects based on client workload. Work with high profile apps with some of the biggest user bases in Switzerland. Interesting and varied projects with big companies in different industries.
- Collaborate closely with customers to understand product vision and business needs
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows
- Present your designs and back them up with the motivation behind the decisions clearly
- Create and test new prototypes with users
- Refine your designs based on feedback from engineering teams, stakeholders and users
- Follow through from Requirements to Implementation to Improvements
- University degree in Human-computer interaction, Interaction design, graphics design or Computer science. You either already have it, or are still studying
- Understanding of user-centered design principles and UI best practices
- Eye for aesthetics and attention to detail
- Experience with an iterative design process
- Understanding that the first design is rarely the final design
- Willingness to adapt designs to facilitate development
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently
- Experience in creating vector graphics, ie Icons / Illustrations is a plus.
- Fluent in English. German is a plus.
- Wireframing (Sketch)
- Visual designs including creation of individual visual assets (Vector illustrations)
- Prototypes (InVision)
- Animations (is a plus)
This employment is for flexible hours 40-80 hours/month depending on workload and availability.
It is based in Zürich, but may include some travelling within Switzerland. Start date is January 7, 2017.
Unique opportunity to work alongside a Senior UX Designer on some great projects in the Heart of Zürich. Our offices are located by the lake at Feldeggstrasse, but some of the work will be conducted on site with customers.
Nordic Usability is a small company, just one person so far, but we are excited to take this step of expanding. Despite being small, our customers are not, and we’ve had the opportunity to work with some amazing companies, like: Swisscard, Biovotion, Local.ch, Art Basel, Baselworld, Sherpany etc.
About Nordic Usability
Nordic Usability was founded in 2010 to bring great design to the field of productivity apps. We help companies and their products achieve their full potential by making their applications comprehensible and easily accessible to the intended users. Our mission is to bring beautifully designed apps to all industries.
Want to join us?
Apply now by sending your resumé and portfolio to email@example.com